Hello, Yarnies <3
Welcome to tonight's blog catch-up for WITB! We are super happy Nicole is back on dry land and back at home, at Yarnish HQ. We missed her terribly. But no one missed her more than Shelby!
So welcome home, Mrs Yarnish <3
But before we jump in, we just want to spare a thought for all our fellow Australians who are affected by the catastrophic fires currently threatening so many homes, lives and wildlife from The Gong to Brissy. We also want to spare a thought for our amazing heroes, our firefighters and volunteers.
To our fellow Yarnies and our families, we are thinking of you and wish you all the best x
Now, let's get to it.
Mrs Yarnish is back at Yarnish HQ!
She's back!!! Nicole had loads of fun and laughter on board, but she missed us LOTS (she sends these kisses - xxx) and she's happy to be home. Nicole says that Shelby is happy mum's back too
Nicole says her crochet cruise experience was filled with crochet, alcohol and awkward encounters in a wheelchair! Super fun! (●´ω｀●)
If you would like to experience the luxury of crocheting while cruising the South Pacific then get ready!
Join Shelby and Nicole next October on the South Pacific Crochet Cruise visit the Cruise Express website and fill out the registration form. Make sure you mention 'Yarnish Community' in your comments - special treatment for Nicole's lovelies
The NSW Fires
Nicole and Shelby wish everyone is keeping safe with the crazy fires and weather that we are having.
So far so good for Nicole and Shelby in Mulgoa, although the sky is beginning to look a little murky.
That's where the beautiful sign comes in:
Our hearts and thoughts are with all those who are suffering, but we will keep tonight's episode 'light', as usual, because that's why you watch us - to smile!)
Springtime Shrug Challenge
While the cats away, indeed!
Shelby was wearing her beautiful Spring Time Shrug, designed and made by the lovely Christine Andison.
We are currently holding a mini-challenge. Head on over to our Yarnish Community Facebook Page, where we have a special announcement board. We want you to make our Spring-Time Shrug, in any Yarnish yarn, and post on our board! A winner will be announced, and they will receive a Yarnish gift voucher! So get making and get posting! :)
We have seen a few made already, and they are looking b-e-a-u-tiful!
You have 18 days! Luckily, this is a quick make :)
The pdf pattern available here. You will need approx. 1000m of DK weight (if you go to a lighter weight you will need more meterage).
12 Days of Christmas
The yarn has arrived and we will begin shipping next week! It will be dispatched in the order they were placed, but we are still taking preorders.
You can preorder for our upcoming Christmas CAL here
Since we are feeling a little festive, we might just post a sneaky picture, or two...just a small snippet to get you in the mood (▰˘◡˘▰)
There are lots of different types of crochet, from 8 designers. There's round crochet, flat crochet and maybe 3D crochet...Stay tuned!
Shelby's Show and Tell! - non-Yarnish stuff! Shhh, don’t tell the boss lady!
Nicole absolutely spoilt her baby-girl, Shelby, with lots of 'coming home' gifts! This is what Shelby received:
- A gorgeous recycled bee bag (made from plastic bottles;
- A Stunning bee pendant;
- Beautiful earings;
- Some lovely yarn from Ashbury, where spinning wheels are made! Nicole described the process of how the factories make the spinning wheels and looms, and honestly, it all sounds like super-magical technology!
- A little kitty stitch-marker;
- And more beautiful hand-dyed yarn in Shelby colours!
With this yarn, she is making a lovely top, called the Boho Tank Top by Breann Mauldin (pattern available here
). You make seven of these squares and sew them together.
Shelby has been busy playing computer games, so she hasn't made too much progress on her Desert Rose
, by Mel Harrison. But isn't it looking beautiful so far! Shelby says it is a super simple pattern and is loving it! She is using Premier Parfait.
Back in Stock
Cuddly Cushions $44 - make these lovely little amigurumi pillow pets! They are super sweet and gorgeous! There are small pillows and big pillows to make <3
These patterns use Scheepjes Soft Brush (one for small and two for big) and Stonewashed yarn (XL for big).
Bookazine Tea Room $26 - so many beautiful patterns to inspire you!
Organicon $6.50 - softer than puppy ears and in more colours than puppy ears too! Shelby collated beautiful bright and pastel colourways, this yarn is stunning! 50g, 170m of lovely vegan yarn.
Cotton 8 $4.50 - back in stock!
starting from $35 - back in stock and in new colours!
Maxi Sweet Treat
- 25g, 180m, mercerized cotton fine weight. More colours available, and we promise not just green hehehe We ordered lots of greens for Amanda who is making the most beautiful crochet flowers! But lots of others are now available as well.
Tough to say, but we have too... we are increasing the price of the Stonewashed
Ranges. Price increase - now $6.50 per ball
- Light Assortment (9 mini skeins - 28g/95m) $35 - Made from 100% Premium Blend cotton and dyed with natural indigo dyes. Dyed using vegan, indigo dye. These won't stick around so grab one if you want one! The heavy assortment is not quite available yet. We will keep you posted!
- Heavy & Light Undyed - 100g skeins (170m / 340m respectively) $13. These will soften as you work with them, they will dye so beautifully.
Scheepjes Bamboo Soft
- 50% Bamboo / 50% Cotton (100g/150m) $7. Beautiful rich duel tones, with rich grande names (except for one poor miss...)! We have 'Rich Cream', 'Golden Nugget', and 'Grand Oak', 'Regal Orange', 'Smooth Cocoa'... and then we have Miss 'Hot Berry'....who's name truly fails her!
New Yarnish Makes
Stowaway String Bag - $15 kit or $5.50 PDF pattern. A Curisy designed by Nicole. The handles are made with a really cool 'knotting' effect, called Roaminan cord, which makes the bag really sturdy! Also, the bag is very 'nautically cool compass', with its 8-pointed star bottom ≧◡≦
This uses the same compass design as the Nauti-CAL hook case, which is coming soon!
The Rigging Wrap
- $30 kit ($35 includes skein winding) or $2 PDF pattern. Self bordering, beautiful wrap! This wrap uses 2 skeins of the beautiful Silky Wool.
Simple Granny Shawl
- $2 PDF pattern and will also be available for free on the blog! This will pop up tomorrow so watch out for it! Shelby made her Simple Granny Shawl with a 200g Rainbow in the Sun Lola.
Before we leave you!
We saw our winner from the Ultimate Rainbow Challenge, Angie's gorgeous crochet rainbow garland.
Thanks for leaving it with us so we could have it on our live stream, Angie :)
And that's it!